The Resort at Port Ludlow

Wednesday, May 27, 2015

Cider and Pizza Sundays at Finnriver Farm

It has been argued that beer and pizza make the perfect combination, but I would have to disagree. It is definitely cider and pizza, to be specific - Finnriver cider and Dented Buoy’s pizza.

One of our favorite weekend traditions has begun again for the season - woodfired pizza and cider Sundays at Finnriver Farm. From 12-6pm every Sunday people gather in the covered pavilion to enjoy live music and the tastes of woodfired pizza and craft hard cider. A fun day at the farm for children and adults alike.


The staff is inviting and knowledgeable. The cider tasting room is open daily where you can learn more and try the many varieties of cider Finnriver crafts, including Habanero, Black Currant and Pear, and Dented Bouy can adjust their pizzas for both gluten-free and vegan diets. 

After you eat or while you wait for your pizza you can walk the farm appreciating both the beautiful gardens and animals. After I ordered my pizza, the green leaf topped with local veggies including spinach and garlic scapes and Mt. Townsend cheese, I strolled through the 33-acre, organic farm greeted by the farm dogs along the way. I enjoyed the sounds of chickens clucking and watching the pigs play in the mud. Produce fields were filled with heads of lettuce and I found myself looking forward to “u-pick” blueberry season.

By the time I got back to the pavilion my pizza was ready. I paired it with the tart and refreshing Cranberry Rosehip cider and sat back and enjoyed the sights of the Chimacum Valley. Cider and pizza Sundays at Finnriver last till the beginning of October and I know I will be back many more Sundays before then.


The cider tasting room at the farm is open daily from 12-5pm and Finnriver cider and produce and Dented Buoy’s pizza is sold at the Port Townsend Farmers Market on Saturdays.

Finnriver farm is located at 142 Barn Swallow Road in Chimacum. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks! Your comment will be sent for moderation and posted upon approval.